A concert at your house?
Sure! I love playing house concerts because I can really get to know the people in the audience. These events are so much fun and so memorable that it's a growing international trend. There are stories on CNN, Billboard, New York Times, and more. Are you a little bit curious?
Watch this short video that people use to promote these great events to their friends.
Why host a house concert?
- Share the gift of music with your friends in an intimate, comfortable listening environment
- It's really special evening, people coming together to enjoy music in a very unique experience
- Be the envy of your friends because you know a cool musical artist and you convinced him to play a private concert for them! Okay, seriously though... it's a really fun time!
What do I offer?
- An hour-long solo, acoustic performance of live music, humor, and interaction in the most intimate concert venue possible
- I am one of the few reggae artists involved in house concerts today, so this experience is even more unique than most
- A recording of my performance so you and your guests will have a permanent audio memory of the experience
- It's not easy for me to perform without the rest of Streetlevel Uprising, so there's always a risk of hilarious mistakes!
How does it work?
You invite your friends to come listen to live music in your home. We're looking for 10 - 20 guests, or more if you have the space and enough seating for your guests to be comfortable throughout the performance. This is a guest donation-based concert which enables me to perform for you and your friends without you taking on the expense.
Q) How much does it cost?
A) Almost nothing! As a donation-based performance, guest donations will afford you the opportunity to host live music in your home without expense, unless you want to provide snacks for your guests, which is always a nice, welcoming touch.
Q) What if I don't want to ask my friends to donate?
A) Not everyone is comfortable asking their friends to come over and donate to a musician they probably haven't even heard of! If you don't, we can discuss a flat fee so you aren't obligating your friends to donate.
Q) Can you play more than an hour?
A) I can, however I have found that one hour is the sweet spot.
Q) What about the rest of the band?
A) I perform the majority of house concerts as a solo artist, but there are certain times when I can have some of the others join me, and even the full band for larger events.
Q) Will it get loud?
A) Not unless that's what you're looking for! I bring a very tiny amp just to help with tone and projection and sometimes I don't even use it at all.
Q) Does it have to be in my home?
A) Nah. If you have a business or some other type of building you want to use, that's cool too.
Q) Does it have to be in my living room?
A) Nope! Backyard, garage, kitchen... and if your kitchen is big enough to seat 10 to 20 people, then I DEFINITELY WANT TO PLAY YOUR KITCHEN!!!
Q) How long will you be in my home?
A) Usually between 4 and 5 hours but we can make it shorter or longer depending on your needs.
Q) I'm new to hosting; will you walk me through the process?
A) Every step of the way!
Want to know more? Use the contact form at the top of this page, hit me on social media, or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org